ONLINE SALES MANAGER
4 to 5 days a week, starting September 2017
We are looking for an energetic online sales manager who wants to support Furniturespot on our journey to transform the furniture business in South Africa!
Who we are
We are Furniturespot, an online marketplace for custom made furniture. At Furniturespot we have built an exciting new platform for turning customer furniture ideas into reality and it gives us the opportunity to improve the income of hundreds of self-employed makers at the same time by giving them access to a new online market. Go and have a look at Furniturespot.co.za to see what we are all about!
Our brand new start up is growing fast. We are looking for an entrepreneurial graduate who can support us through the challenging (online) sales landscape and who has all the energy in the world to help our business to the next level.
You are a driven graduate with an entrepreneurial spirit. You already have some ideas what innovative sales and marketing efforts might boost Furniturespot’s online business. You think along the line of customer segments and understand what is needed to persuade those customers to purchase. You have this extravert sales personality to realise that extra sale. But most importantly, you know how to establish a customer relationship, you investigate other possibilities to push online sales, you love to experiment and you know how to translate your findings into a beneficial sales strategy for our company.
The job is based in Johannesburg and is ideal for a graduate who just finished studying or is in his last year before graduating. We can offer you a contract based on a 4 to 5 day working week.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
· You will be working both independently and in collaboration with our small and international team, to develop and execute a sales strategy.
· You are responsible for online (after) sales and serve as the first point of contact for our customers.
· Your contribution and ideas to other segments of the company (marketing & operations) is highly appreciated.
What’s in it for you?
· Competitive monthly salary + sales commission
· You will work with the company’s founders directly on a day to day basis, allowing you to learn and see everything that comes with start-up life.
· You’ll experience what it is like to work in a fast growing company and learn to be agile in an ever changing environment, skills that are highly relevant for the South African market.
· You’ll have lots of fun and are always aware of the latest design trends
· A degree or equivalent diploma in Marketing, Commerce, Science or another relevant field of study
· Fluent in your English writing and speaking
· High in energy & able to work independently and in small teams
· Must be creative and innovative with a solid drive for sales
· 2-4 years of relevant, sales related work experience would be a big plus
· Valid driver’s license
Are you interested in working with us, please send us your CV with a short motivation to: Wouter@furniturespot.co.za Applications are rolling; the deadline to apply is August 30th 2017. For additional information, please contact Wouter@furniturespot.co.za Please note: Should you not receive a response within two weeks, please consider your application as unsuccessful. This job is available for South African citizens only.